- PolyPep is one of Facetheory's bestselling serums and its retinol-free, so it's great for sensitive skin. Formulated with 2.5% ChroNOLine, a biomemetic peptide that can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in 28 days.
- An in-vivo study tested 27 volunteers with the application of a placebo vs 2.5% ChroNOline twice a day on crow's feet, with wrinkle measurement taken at 0, 28 and 56 days. ChroNOline achieved a 14% reduction in wrinkles after 28 days and a 27% reduction in wrinkles after 56 days, as compared with placebo.
- Another primary component of PolyPep is a duo of polyhydroxy acids: gluconolactone; lactobionic acid. PHAs have a larger molecular weight than AHAs such as glycolic acid, allowing them to penetrate more deeply than glycolic or lactic acid while being less sensitising.
- Green tea, chamomile, and centella asiatica provide a botanical antioxidant boost. Centella asiatica (also known as gotu kola) has been shown to be effective as an anti-inflammatory agent - particularly in eczema. Centella can also enhance type I collagen, which declines with age. Centella's mechanism of action promotes the construction of fibroblasts, thus expediting the synthesis of collagen.
- Free of parabens, silicones, PEGs, SLS, SLES, and mineral oils. Vegan and cruelty-free. Made in the UK.
- Facetheory products contain a high concentration of actives, so only a small amount is required per use.
- Use on its own or underneath your favourite moisturiser.
PolyPep PHA Serum S8 is a peptide and polyhydroxy acid anti-ageing serum. PolyPep contains 2.5% ChroNOLine - a biomemetic peptide that can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in 28 days.
Most skin types, including sensitive and mature skin.
- CENTELLA ASIATICA (GOTU KOLA)
- A botanical extract shown to improve skin moisture content, particularly in eczema.
- CHAMOMILE EXTRACT (CO2)
- A potent antioxidant that soothes tired skin. Contains a range of flavenoids including quercetin and apigenin. Our chamomile is extracted by carbon dioxide for high concentration.
- CHRONOLINE TETRAPEPTIDE
- A vegan biomemetic peptide shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in 28 days.
- This polyhydroxic acid is an ester of gluconic acid. This beneficial acid is used as a skin conditioner and is relatively mild compared to some other acids, making it ideal for use on mature or sensitive skin.
- GREEN TEA EXTRACT
- Green tea contains a range of polyphenols, which have proven antioxidant effects in protecting skin. The extract we use is a super-pure grade, giving a high percentage of epigallocatechin.
- Lactobionic acid
- A polyhydroxy acid derived from natural sugars. Gently exfoliates to helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration, enlarged pores and roughness. A potent antioxidant that has been shown to protect skin against environmental damage by targeting naturally occurring, skin-degrading enzymes.
- A keralytic substance that increases skin’s moisture content by dissolving keratin to help dead skin cells to shed, so that the skin retains more water. Used in topical creams to promote the rehydration of dry skin.
- Apply a few drops to clean, damp skin, concentrating on blemishes, fine lines, dark spots and areas of hyperpigmentation. Follow with your favourite moisturiser. Some people may need to gradually accustom their skin to this product. Test first on a small area. After your first full application, wait a day or two before starting regular use. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. As this product may increase skin's sensitivity to sunlight, we recommend using a broad-spectrum sunscreen while using this product and for two weeks afterwards.
Aqua, propanediol (humectant from corn syrup), gluconolactone (PHA), urea (humectant, vegan), lactobionic acid (PHA), chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract, dextran (sugar-derived solvent), caprooyl tetrapeptide-3 (peptide), sodium phytate (preservative, chelator), camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, centella asiatica (gotu kola) flower/leaf/stem extract, citric acid (pH adjuster), potassium sorbate (preservative).
translation missing: en.layout.general.freefrom_title
translation missing: en.layout.general.freefrom_list
|Container||Amber glass dropper bottle|
|Rheology / Glide||Light thin gel|
|Sulphate / SLS free / PEG free